Friday, May 30, 2008

Beacon Verse Series Article Three The Battle

Writen by Russ Miles

The Battle © **** I always seek
To do what I thinks right,
But, sometimes, I get weak
When it gets night...
I usually say that I won't go
And do those things again;
Too often, though
It seems, that I give in...

I guess, perhaps,
That's what life's all about,
To take your slaps
And know the knife of doubt;
Then, when you think that you can't cope,
Can't get back up again,
To find some hope
And try, once more, to win...
What really counts the most
Is if we try;
Sometimes, we get to boast,
And, sometimes, cry...
So, when ' The Battle ' rages
And there's no peace in your head,
It's ' The Battle ' of the ages
Fought by millions now long dead...

If it's any help to know,
You're not alone;
That we each face a foe
That's not our own...
Our own lines of demarcation,
We each wage a war with sin;
Feel the same frustration,
Fight ' The Battle ' of within...
**** The above poem was published in 1977 as Beacon©

Verse by Russ Miles.
When, a dozen years later, I was set free from ' The Battle ', I wrote this last verse to include in any of the remaining copies that I had removed from the market place after suffering "An attack of conscience" in 1979.
Well, at last, ' The Battle's ' ended
In the night...
Not the way that I'd intended,
Through my might...
A peace treaty has been rendered,
Yes, a victory has been won...
It came after I'd surrendered
To God's One and Only Son...

My disappointment was that most of the buyers of my "Limited Edition" ~ 1,000 copy ~ poetry books would never read the final verse. Without hope, they would go on believing that they were hopelessly locked into an endless engagement with lust.

God's Holy Spirit had delivered me from ' The Battle ' with that sin. I was totally in love with my own wife, and I couldn't even conceive of having relations with another woman.

Well, that was also a long time ago. Now in 2006, I find myself once again single, back into ' The Battle ', or called back to the front lines. Perhaps, if I had kept my attention focused on God, and His Son Jesus, I would have developed the other characteristics that would have preserved my marriage that ended five years ago? God only knows.
I do know, I am but a mere mortal ~ with a Supreme Being Master ~ that knew the way I would be, foreknew the paths that I would take, and He loves me anyway. I look with eager anticipation to the day when I am once more delivered from the ' The Battle ', again in a good marriage or loving relationship. Hopefully, by then, I'll have millions of links into my website when I am called forth to my Maker ~ and will walk boldly before His throne of "Grace."

Russ Miles writes romance books, poetry, songs, ezine articles, and mystery thriller novels. In 2006, his remaining copies of Beacon© and Imperfections© are being sold through his personal website http://www.MilesBooks.com and via milesBooks@gmail.com Comments: MilesRuss@gmail.com

No comments: